DHCP server not handing out IP addresses

Ryan McCain Ryan.McCain at dss.state.la.us
Mon Aug 4 17:23:22 UTC 2008

One more bit of information that might help..

3N2DHB1:~ # nmap -sU -p67 ns1    <---- x86 Server

Starting Nmap 4.20 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2008-08-04 12:17 CDT
Interesting ports on ns1.dss.la.gov (10.120.11.85):
PORT   STATE         SERVICE
67/udp open|filtered dhcps

3N2DHB1:~ # nmap -sU -p67 ns2   <---- s390x Server

Starting Nmap 4.20 ( http://insecure.org ) at 2008-08-04 12:17 CDT
Interesting ports on ns2.dss.la.gov (10.120.11.107):
PORT   STATE         SERVICE
67/udp open|filtered dhcps

..As you can see, the port looks to be ready to handle DHCP traffic on ns2.

Just to verify, there is no software firewall running on ns2:

ns2:~ # rcSuSEfirewall2 status
Checking the status of SuSEfirewall2                                  unused
ns2:~ #

...??

<4896E190.A79C.003A.0 at dss.state.la.us>, "Ryan McCain"
<Ryan.McCain at dss.state.la.us> wrote:
> To add to the oddness of this.  I originally had failover configured and when
> the primary would go down, the secondary would pick up.  So, DHCPD seems to
> be functioning, its just no requests are getting to it.   The logs don't show
> any errors either.

Ryan McCain
Northrop Grumman Corporation
Linux System Administrator 3 (CLP / LPIC-2)
email: ryan.mccain at dss.la.gov
Phone: 225.219.0556

Registered Linux User #364609