who is using multiple failover pairs on the same server

Gordon A. Lang glang at goalex.com
Thu Aug 7 07:06:03 UTC 2008

I am using 3.1.1.

I have four servers, A, B, C, and D.

First failover pair is A-B where A is primary.
Second failover pair is B-C where B is primary.
Third failover pair is C-D where C is primary.
(yes, there is a legitimate reason for wanting this)

Has anyone experienced any issues with this sort of setup?
I've heard from some people that they had various difficulties
with anything other than simple one to one pairing.  What I'm
wondering is if maybe the problems he experienced was just
a misconfiguration, or maybe a problem fixed in version 3.1.1.

Anyone?

--
Gordon A. Lang