DDNS: unable to add forward map - not authorised

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Sun Dec 14 06:40:35 UTC 2008

I quickly checked the list to see if was answered already, but no.
Google has been no help so far. I thought this was fixed, but it came
back- and now my log file is chockers with this error.

As far as I know my rndc key is exactly the same across the board. My
dhcpd.conf has forward and reverse zones, a key designation and a subnet
designation. My former server died, and I had to recreate my dhcpd.conf
files, but I rescued my named.conf and zone files. I run Freebsd. This
setup worked previously, but not now (at least up until yesterday, then
it worked, and suddenly the error reappeared today.

To fix the error I tried creating a new secret using dnssec-gen. Still
not working. I concentrated on the dhcpd.conf files because that has the
highest chance of failure due to recreation.

One other factor is the zones have views for a split dns- an internal
and an external. The localhost should have access to internal views as
the match list is the subnet and localhost. I did try key access to the
internal view, but no luck there either.

Any ideas? I'm not sure exactly what info would be needed so let me
know.

Cheers