no Working leases on persistant database

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 15:25:07 UTC 2008

stephane lepain wrote:

>Thanks for your response. I am now using Debian etch amd64. Before I was
>using ubuntu. You might say they are not very different but because my
>architecture I prefer debian amd64.

As a fellow Etch/AMD64 user I'd say - good choice :-)

>Just to recap.
>Now my two NICS have statics ip addresses.
>DHCP Client removed from the server.
>
>Would adding the line "dhcpd if2" in the dhcpd.conf file be sufficient
>to tell the server to only listen on that interface ?

NO - THIS DOES NOT GO IN dhcpd.conf, and in fact the server should
throw out an error as it isn't valid syntax.

On Debian, it goes in /etc/default/dhcp3-server

There will be a line that says :

INTERFACES=""

Change it to :

INTERFACES="if2"

Then restart the server with "/etc/init.d/dhcpd3-server restart"