INFORM not working properly?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Fri Jan 18 23:04:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 07:46:36PM -0500, Paul Keck wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 09:17:16PM -0700, David W. Hankins wrote:
> > > - when might the INFORM/host statement thing get implemented?
> >
> > Far enough out I couldn't even guess.  We have a full queue ahead
> > of us already.  We've known about this when we started 3.1.0 work,
> > so hopefully we could get it into the next feature release after
> > the first DHCPv6 one.
>
> Is it still the case that the latest and greatest dhcpd has the issue with
> the INFORM not looking in the host stanza?  If so, is anyone aware of a
> patch that introduces the desired behavior of also checking the host stanza?

the 4.0.0 software didn't include anything like this, no.

thanks for reminding me, we really should get around to this.  i'll
make a note in our 4.1.0 ticket.

> Would this still be the best approach in your opinion?  I seem to recall
> another email from David which said this may not work, but for the life of
> me I can't find it.

i've never done inform precisely this way, with subclasses i mean, so
i can never be sure what i think the code says is what it will really
do until someone's tried it...

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/