"uid lease is duplicate" within failover configuration

Thomas Kaminski T.Kaminski at science-computing.de
Thu Jun 19 14:04:26 UTC 2008

Hi dhcp-users list,

I know that there is a huge amount of messages regarding this topic but
I want to know if there are new solutions or possible fixes yet.

We have a failover configuration within our pool setup. Both servers are
running dhcpd Version 3.0.4.

  pool {
     failover peer "dhcp-failover";
     deny dynamic bootp clients;
     range 10.42.128.1 10.42.255.254;
   }

Like u can see - our IP range is extremly huge. Our log files are
overfilled with entrie like this:

Jun 16 14:11:07 romxxxx dhcpd: uid lease 10.42.200.249 for client
xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx is duplicate on vlanxx

Any advise is appreciated.

cheers
thomas
--