DHCP Authentication

Randall C Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Mon Jun 30 12:11:04 UTC 2008

I suspect that you may be stuck with processes like 'dhcp snooping' to help prevent rogue servers and the use of 'known client' groupings a.k.a. 'deny unknown' to permit only registered machines to aquire addresses. Other similar techniques are 802.1x or other smart relay approach. DHCP itself is one of the vulnerable layer two protocols.

Randy