Upgrade to 3.1.0 fails when dhcpd.leases is from 3.0.4

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Mar 13 13:21:11 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:14:36AM +0100, Ola Sandstad wrote:
> *** glibc detected *** /usr/sbin/dhcpd: munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer:
> 0x080d7f47 ***

isc dhcp 3.1.0 doesn't call mmap (some 4.x version does use mmap to
read config files so we can rewind the parser, but not 3.x).

so this has to be some kind of double free bug (calling free() twice
on the same pointer or similar), and your libc is using mmap'd regions
as a tactic to reduce memory fragmentation.

open a ticket on dhcp-bugs at isc.org.  it would be handiest to get
your config and leases files to see if they're reproducable on other
systems (and to have our hands on gdb to step through it).

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/