Warning: subnet overlaps subnet

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Tue Mar 18 22:11:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 05:02:55PM -0500, John Hascall wrote:
>    Well, if I'm the only one to mention it, I wouldn't
>    get too worked up about it on just my behalf -- especially
>    since I've already got a half-dozen other local mods in
>    dhcpd, so I'm not at all adverse to adding another -- I'll
>    just always answer INFORMS regardless of the setting of
>    authoritative.

i don't know, we get the odd message from someone who has discovered
that some clients do a DHCPINFORM after they are already bound...they
did DISCOVER and REQUEST and are adddressed and everything, but elect
to DHCPINFORM anyway.  like the config they got wasn't good enough or
something.

in this case, we find that these odd little clients will update their
nameservers if a different answer comes than was in the DORA exchange.

so it might actually be useful to just ignore the little buggers
without having to become non-authoritative.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/