SV: Question about supporting multiple subnets

Anders Rosendal anders at rosendal.nu
Wed May 21 17:48:37 UTC 2008

You can only have one dhcp-server on one single Ethernet-broadcast-domain. If you want more then one IP-subnet you need to use shared-network.
To have your clients be placed onto these different subnets you need to classify them in some way. Classification can be done looking at a number of different parameters in the dhcp-requests.
Depending on the number of clients you have, and if you want to segment them according to specific computer or network-port there are different ways to configure this.

There are a number of examples on how to do classification in the dhcp-users archive.

Regards Anders Rosendal