Guidelines for Sever dimensioning

T Manikandan-Q3926C q3926c at motorola.com
Fri Oct 17 07:40:41 UTC 2008

Hi Simon,

  Considering the fact clients are CPE (customer premise equipments)
somewhat like a Modem with a Linux OS, which is obtaining the IP address
from the DHCP server (for a lease of 10 hours) connected via a L3 switch
(acting as a relay) in case of the Controller of the CPE is down for
some reasons all CPE will reboot and require the IP address (is that
correct?)
  So the server dimensioning has to be on the worst case scenario/ Busy
hour in case of the Busy hour say for example 60% of client is connected
to the system and in case of worst case 100% of clients is connected to
the system, this is our assumption, correct me if I am wrong.

Regards
Mani