"ignore booting" and failover?

Christof Chen christof at chen.de
Fri Oct 24 16:01:39 UTC 2008

Tina Siegenthaler schrieb:

> Nevertheless, I'd like to know why just one of the peers is ignoring the
> DISCOVERS?

It is probably this part:

              /* If we are in a failover state that bars us from
               * answering, do not do so.
               * If we are in a cooperative state, load balance
               * (all) responses.
               */
               if ((peer->service_state == not_responding) ||
                  (peer->service_state == service_startup)) {
                        log_info("%s: not responding%s",
                                  msgbuf, peer->nrr);
                        goto out;
               } else if((peer->service_state == cooperating) &&
                         !load_balance_mine(packet, peer)) {
                         log_info("%s: load balance to peer %s",
                            msgbuf, peer->name);
                         goto out;
               }

The failover code issues the message if it thinks the _peer_ is
responsible for handling the packet.
The server wouldn't print the message if it handled the packet itself.
(then the "normal" ignore/deny logging logic would apply.)

Christof Chen