dhcp3-server installation issue

Xiaochen Jing xjing at datavalet.com
Tue Sep 2 21:01:58 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I am having a weird problem during the installation of dhcp3-server.

I did regular ./configure; make and sudo make install on ubuntu server 6.06
kernel 2.6.15.

After installation, I have no dhcp.d file under /etc/dhcp3. All I have under
that directory are 4 client-related files. And of course I cannot run
dhcp-server cause it shows the file does not exist.

I tried several versions, 3.0.4; 3.0.7; 3.1.1, but all act the same way.

When I did ./configure or make, I saw no error messages.

Anyone has an idea about this?

Thanks a lot