who is using multiple failover pairs on the same server

Gordon A. Lang glang at goalex.com
Wed Sep 3 14:32:51 UTC 2008

I am curious about the unique port number requirement.
It seems to me that as long as it is a tcp connection that having the remote
ip addresses be different ought to be sufficient.
Is there a problem with the code handling this, or is the "requirement" of
unique port numbers for some other reason?
I am using 3.1.1.

I have things working using all the same port number everywhere, and omshell
reports normal failover state for all servers.  But I am having some issues.
All (or at least most) DHCP requests using my new failover pair are getting
MCLT lease times initially, while the original two failover pairs are
issuing full least time leases.  The primary DHCP server is the one issuing
the lease, so why would it give the short least time?  After half of MCLT
the renew is giving the full lease time (at least most of the time).

Here is what I have:

Four servers:
    A, B, C, and D.

Three failover pairs:
    A(pri) - B(sec)
    C(pri) - D(sec)
    C(pri) - B(sec)

Only the C-B pair is giving the short lease times.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Gordon A. Lang