lease problems with isc dhcp 3.0.1rc12

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 12 19:39:22 UTC 2008

Jean-Francois Gagne wrote:

>We are having a particular problem with a lease that is being being
>sent out to a Windows XP client.
>We are in a failover configuration, and instead of sending out a 15
>minute initial lease to a client for the failover syncho,
>the DHCP server is sending out a lease that is 1 day and 22 hours.
>In turn, the client doesn't acknowledge the lease
>in time and  the dhcp server flushes the dynamic dns entries.

3.0.1 is really ancient, and there have been some significant
bugfixes in the eight (I think) releases since - many of them
relating to failover which I think (from reading this list) was still
in it's early days back then.

You really need to upgrade to a current version and see if the
problem has already been fixed.