dhcp-users Digest V3 #226

Marc Perea marccp at srttel.com
Mon Sep 15 15:54:33 UTC 2008

When I attempt to change the "ends" attribute using omshell "set ends = [some hex colon separated value], then "update" I get a "can't update object: permission denied". Using "open" I can see the lease "starts" and "ends" in some representation of hex (explanation anyone?), but for whatever reason I am unable to modify the lease - am I doing something wrong? I'd very much not to stop/edit/start dhcpd, but so far it's all that works.

Thanks!

>Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:01:48 +0200
>From: Christof Chen <christof at chen.de>
>Subject: Re: {DANGEROUS?} SV: Option 82 fast change
>
>Anders Rosendal schrieb:
>>
>> Have a public network where customers are assigned one "static ip" through dhcp, and when they change equipment on there ports they don't get the IP for the "new" >equipment.
>> Would like to see some kind of leasetime-override.
>>

>You can override the lease-end time with omapi.
>
>This isn't as nice as using the switchport id as an client-identifier,
>but way easier than stopping dhcpd, editing the lease file and
>restarting the daemon.
>
>Christof Chen

Marc Perea
Network Support Engineer