dhcpd crashing and and an "out of memory" being reported

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Sep 25 20:37:52 UTC 2008

> Are there known memory leaks?  memory limits?  I saw something in
> passing about an OMAPI related leak.  We do use OMAPI to check the
> failover status and to restart the server after a configuration change.

We previously ran 3.1.0, now 4.1.0a1, in a failover configuation. Around
100k active leases. We don't use OMAPI on a regular basis.

We see a memory leak which we suspect is related to using dhcpd in a
failover configuration. We have tried to debug the problem, but haven't
really gotten anywhere (too painful to debug on our production servers,
while the problem doesn't show up in our lab).

We have worked around the problem by restarting dhcpd on a regular basis.
This is obviously not a *solution* to the problem...

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no