Duplicate uids

Dean, Barry B.Dean at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Sep 26 09:12:26 UTC 2008

I have made a start moving config from my old NetBSD/DHCP 3.0 servers to my new Solaris/DHCP 4.0 servers.

I copy the config, stop the servers, append the leases file from the old server to the new one, restart and all is well.

Almost!

I get a lot of these:

dhcpd: [ID 702911 daemon.error] uid lease 192.168.0.102 for client 00:1e:68:7e:a9:89 is duplicate on shared-network

(IPs names etc changed)

I have been ignoring them on the basis that DHCP seems to me best left alone to resolve things itself. I feel the more you poke it the more problems you have!

Do I need to do something? If so what?

Barry Dean
Networks Team
Computing Services Department
Web: http://pcwww.liv.ac.uk/~bvd/
---
Nice boy, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice.
                -- Foghorn Leghorn