Ping-checkoff

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Apr 1 15:13:23 UTC 2009

For dhcpd 3.x you can edit site.conf, you need the entry for VARDB and
the CC line. Then run ./configure to build the Makefile.

# Put local site configuration stuff here to override the default
# settings in Makefile.conf
VARDB = /var/dhcp
CC = gcc -O  -D_PATH_DHCPD_DB=\"/dev/ramdisk\"

for dhcp-4.x there is an

 ./configure --with-srv-lease-file=/dev/ramdisk

the lease-file-name statement needs to be one of the first few lines in
dhcpd.conf if you use that method.

regards,
-glenn