dhcpd on Solaris 10

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Mon Apr 27 02:21:18 UTC 2009

Hi Jason

Ok, been testing with dhcp version 4.1.x

4.1.0 does not work for me. I see the dhcpdiscover packets come in,
dhcpd logs that it sent an offer, but nothing further. Using snoop to
capture traffic on udp ports 67 and 68 shows the discovers, but the
offer is not transmitted.

4.1.1b1 does work for me. I think it is this bug that was fixed:

- A bug in DLPI packet transmission (Solaris, HP/UX) that caused the server
  to stop receiving packets is fixed.  The same fix also means that the MAC
  address will no longer appear 'bogus' on DLPI-based systems.

siaddr is zero in all cases. Using the exact same dhcpd.conf in all cases.

So make sure of the version you are using (dhcpd --version).

Also I have smf scipts if you'd like to manage dhcpd that way and I'll
send them to you, or the list if there's more than two enquiries.

# svcs dhcpd
STATE          STIME    FMRI
online         11:57:24 svc:/site/dhcp/server:dhcpd

regards,
-glenn