Excluding a class from matches...

David McKen dmlmcken at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 23:52:28 UTC 2009

I considered that option but unfortunately I have one other constraint
that I forgot to mention. I have 3 classes of devices on this network
with isc dhcp classes setup for each, this setup works fine but I need
one of the classes to support this behavior. Due to this the deny
option won't work well for me. I read on the list that is not a good
idea to have allow and deny statements within a single pool. so there
would be no way to apply the extra restrictions.

The specific setup is that we have management networks on the same
VLAN as customer browsing networks (this is due to a limitation on the
equipment). Both are handed out via DHCP, we use the MAC prefix to
distinguish between the two. The new requirement is to move customers
over to a special "captive" network when they don't pay their bill.

Most of the data will be stored in a database so being able to have
the dhcp server call some script who's return value is 1 if its a
match and 0 if it isn't will actually work quite well for me so I
don't have to keep restarting the dhcp service every time one of these
macs needs to get added or removed.