Excluding a class from matches...

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Aug 5 02:38:36 UTC 2009

ok, what if you reverse the logic in your class, then you can allow
that class, the allow implies deny everything else? eg:

class "DeviceType1" { match if not substring ( hardware, 1, 3 ) = 12:34:56; }

subnet .... {
       option ... ;
       pool {
               # deny devices who are not 12:34:56:
               allow members of "DeviceType1";
               range ... ;
               option ... ;
       }
       pool {
               allow members of "DeviceType2";
               range ... ;
               option ... ;

-glenn

PS Please reply to the list only, I don't need to get the posting twice.