Spawn with option agent.remote-id

Matej matej at matnet.net
Wed Aug 26 13:40:58 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have some problems when trying to set up cable eMTA provisioning. My first issue is connected to the "spawn with option agent.remote-id;" inside a class. It happens that when I have this line uncommented it seems that the classes are never found although I have "match if substring(option vendor-class-identifier,0,6) = "docsis";" set and the vendor-class-identifier is set as this and should be matched. Because I later on I have set "allow members of X" and "deny unknown-clients", those devices get "no free leases". As soon as I comment the "spawn with option agent.remote-id;" line, everything works like it should.

Can anyone please explain why this doesn't work? The basic part of the file is shared from other users and it works perfectly at their sides.

Thank you in advance,
Matej