problems configuring option 120

"Martínez García, Rebeca" remartinez at indra.es
Mon Dec 7 10:13:44 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have configured dhcp3-server and it works correctly. But now I have a problem when I want to declare option 120.
I am following the DEFINING NEW OPTIONS in the manpage so I have put in mi dhcpd.conf:

	option sip-servers code 120 = ip-address;
	option sip-servers 10.1.3.201;

However, I got the following error:

cng at cng:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/dhcp3-server restart
dhcpd self-test failed. Please fix the config file.
The error was:
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.1.2
Copyright 2004-2008 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/
/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf line 14: option definitions may not be scoped.
	option sip-servers code
               ^
/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf line 15: unknown option dhcp.sip-servers
	option sip-servers 10.
               ^
WARNING: Host declarations are global.  They are not limited to the scope you declared them in.
Configuration file errors encountered -- exiting

Am I configuring something wrong? How can I configure option 120 so a client requesting where is the SIP proxy (DHCPINFORM) can be asked by my DHCP server?

Thanks in advance,
Rebeca