dhcp failover using static hosts

Randall C Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Sat Dec 26 14:49:59 UTC 2009

Static IP numbers can be provided in a redundant way by as many servers as you like....
The client will take the first offer it gets. There is not problem since it will get the same offer from them all, always.
Host statements are not bound to any subnet declaration so you might better take them out and save the confusion. If the machine shows up on a network different than defined by a subnet statements mask however - it will not match and will be ignored.

Randy