Leases based on MAC addresses

Randall C Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Sun Feb 8 20:44:16 UTC 2009

If a client always gets the same IP based on MAC address... that is a static lease. You must reserve the IP address for that system or you risk duplicates... so it can no longer be part of a dynamic pool. What you are looking for is a registration system that builds a configuration file. Minimally it sounds like you want something to scan your leases and update your configuration as dynamic addresses transition to static.

Randy