Multi-server pool question.

T MANIKANDAN-PKXR74 manikandan.t at motorola.com
Tue Feb 17 14:50:36 UTC 2009

The thumb rule in failover protocol as far as I know is.

1. The failover protocol allows only two DHCP server to share common IP
pool, Not more than two.
2. The Failover server and Primary DHCP server should have common
configuration (/etc/dhcpd.conf) and only varied in failover
configuration.

Cheers

Mani