free a lease via omshell

Axel Scheepers axel at axel.truedestiny.net
Wed Feb 18 17:49:56 UTC 2009

Hi List,

I'm trying to free a lease via omshell by doing;

connect
new lease
set hardware-address = "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX"
set state = 00:00:00:02
open
[snip]
set state = 00:00:00:01
update
refresh

This doesn't work because as far as I understand atm it still waits for
the ends time of the lease. I can't seem to change the ends variable to
'now', although the state does change.

I wonder if it's possible to free a lease this way. Can I change the
ends time? How should I convert a time to the hex format?

Kind regards,

Axel Scheepers