Ping-checkoff

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Feb 25 12:41:24 UTC 2009

>Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 11:39:43 +0100
>From: Christof Chen <christof at chen.de>
>To: Users of ISC DHCP <dhcp-users at lists.isc.org>
>Subject: Re: Ping-checkoff
>
>> Hi can some one help me disabling ping-check off and moving the dhcp
>> leases write ram disk .Your help would be highly appreciated
>
>What about writing
>
>	ping-check false;
>
>into your dhcpd.conf file?
>
>The location of the lease file can be changed either on compile time or
>(probably more convenient) as option -lf to the dhcpd command.

or even more convenient use dhcpd.conf entry

     The lease-file-name statement

       lease-file-name name;

       Name should be the name of the DHCP server's  lease  file.
       By  default, this is /var/dhcp/dhcpd.leases.   This state-
       ment must appear in the outer scope of  the  configuration
       file  - if it appears in some other scope, it will have no
       effect.

lease-file "/path/to/ramdisk/dhcpd.leases";

regards,
-glenn