DHCPD to log to another log file

Randall C Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Fri Jan 30 13:50:28 UTC 2009

I have been playing with this myself and the best solution so far is to log at level error. Then in syslog define (i.e.) local3.error in addition to the usual log, but to a different destination. The error messages will still appear in the usual info level log too, but the error level log has less background noise. I format the log() messages with fieldnames such as MACaddress= and IPnumber= which are then indexed by splunk.

Randy