Where does DHCPD store its backup of the dhcpd.leases file?

Jessica Meyer jessmeyer82 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 07:26:00 UTC 2009

Hi there

I'm wondering where ISC DHCPD stores its backup lease definitions.
When I stop DHCPD and manually add a lease in /var/db/dhcpd.leases
(where my leases are stored) and then start DHCPD again, it deletes my
changes out of the file and the content is the same as it was before
my change.

I'm wondering where they come from. I saw a file
/var/db/dhcpd.leases~, but deleting it doesn't help.

I know it's bad to edit the dhcpd.leases file and probably this
mechanism is a feature, but I really need to do it like that.

Jess