Supported format for Client Identifier.

pat patkumar82 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:13:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

  We have an implementaion doubt What is the format of the Client Identifier
option supported by the ISC DHCP Server?

Is it the format specified in Section 9.14 in RFC 2132
(Code/Len/Type(0)/Identifier)

or Is it the format specified in section 6.1 in RFC 4361
(Code/Len/Type(255)/IAID/DUID)

Since RFC4361 supersedes RFC2132,

If the format supported by ISC is RFC 2132 what will happen if the client ID
is as per 4362 format from a ISC server perspective, does the ISC server
ignore the option in that case?