Performance of dhcp fail over protocol

loganathan Govindaraj loganosc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 05:43:53 UTC 2009

Hi

          I have fail over running on 3.0.5 , if i run dhcperf on the fail
over configuration the Performance numbers are abysmal . The average
transactions per second is less than one.
but on a standalone i am getting 42 transaction/sec. Do we have to
compromise on the performance  if we have  fail over configured. I am not
sure whether i am doing it the right way but the fail over is working
properly and the server is able to allocate the leases. I am not able to
understand what causes the server performance to do go down so drastically .
Is it because of the frequent primary secondary communication ? or is there
any timer which we can modify to improve the performance .? any help is
appreciated .

Logan