Performance of dhcp fail over protocol

Robert Hille rch17 at duke.edu
Tue Jun 30 13:13:28 UTC 2009

We had similar problems when we first tested failover. dhcperf can be a
pretty abusive test without much tolerance for failures, if there are
any problems with your dhcp configuration or latency in you netowrk,
dhcperf will fail horribly.

Once we spent a little time troubleshooting and making sure everything
was correctly configured, performance can up to near the same as 2 dhcp
servers.

I'd suggest going back through and double checking your configs and
making sure that the servers are communicating correctly (and they have
a clear path to and from the test box).

rchille