dissecting DHCP - Q4

Defryn, Guy G.P.Defryn at massey.ac.nz
Tue Mar 24 09:03:59 UTC 2009

Yes I have access to logs and logs tell me that server two issued the lease.
However, the dhclient.leases file on client did not reflect that. I have a test lab and my linux client had originally a lease from server 1. I shut down server one and according to logs the client got a lease from server 2 upon expiry (as expected). My client is working fine I just would have thought the dhclient.leases file would got updated. It did not until I restarted clients network service

Cheers

	>>As I read the OP's question, he may be more interested in
	knowing which of possibly many DHCP servers has handled the
	current lease, than in controlling which one can receive the
	DISCOVER or REQUEST.

	Server log files can be useful.  It's not clear that the OP
	has access to these.

	Best regards,

	Niall O'Reilly
	University College Dublin IT Services