dissecting DHCP - Q4

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Tue Mar 24 09:13:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 22:03 +1300, Defryn, Guy wrote:
> My client is working fine I just would have thought the
> dhclient.leases file would got updated.

	I should have thought so too.
	I guess this may depend on how the client is wrapped
	in any particular distro.

> It did not until I restarted clients network service

	Where I'm working this morning, I have only one server,
	so I can't see what you describe.  I'm wondering whether
	your logs show a full DORA exchange, or just the DO part.
	Perhaps your client is just using the OFFER to validate
	a lease which it already holds, and which hasn't expired.

	/Niall