Cannot listen on the lo interface

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 11:00:17 UTC 2009

Seraina Steiner wrote:

>I need my DHCPD listen to both eth0 and lo interfaces. When I start
>dhcpd with with eth0 and lo (/usr/local/sbin/dhcpd eth0 lo),

It won't do it. The ISC server only supports certain types of
interface (those supporting broadcast facilities I believe). In a
thread that came up last week, it was suggested that if you compile
with an option to use sockets, then you can run it on non-broadcast
interfaces - but it then won't support local clients.

>PS: The reason why I want DHCPD to listen on the lo device is that I
>query DHCP from the same host, and the packets go to the lo device.

Try addressing it by it's IP address ?

--
Simon Hobson