Announcing Gluff, a lease logger for ISC dhcp

Hans Liss Hans at Liss.pp.se
Wed May 6 07:58:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just wanted to let other users of ISC dhcp know that I have built a
lease logger for dhcpd using what I think is a pretty robust design.

Instead of trying to parse the existing logs, I patched dhcpd to log
events to a queue table in an sqlite3 database, which is then consumed
by a separate daemon that maintains lease extent records in a MySQL
database. The system is built from the start to handle Option-82 data as
well, so you will be able to find out to what switch port a particular
IP address was connected at any point in the past, along with the MAC
address.

Take a look at http://hans.liss.pp.se/software/gluff for more
information, and please send me any suggestions for improvements, bug
reports etc.

/Hans Liss