IPv6 router advertisement

Mihai Moldovan ionic at ionic.de
Thu May 7 20:56:33 UTC 2009

* On 07.05.2009 00:33, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 15:00 -0500, Ted Lemon wrote:
>
>> So to me this means that the behavior you are seeing is wrong.
>> What's the steady-state value of net.ipv6.conf.all.autoconf on your
>> linux machine?   Also, do you have any kind of firewall setup on  your
>> linux machine?
>>

> 	Also...  What is the value of net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding?  If that is
> set to 1, autoconf is automatically disabled.

Now guess what...

Of course, forwarding was on. Thus all the problems, after disabling it
everything began to work...

Well, everything else was fine... firewalling of course has not been
setup yet.

So at least RA is working now. :)

To solve my problem which is related to all DHCPv6 clients ignoring any
subnet mask but /64, I guess I will have to edit the sourcecode and set
/96 manually overriding everything too. That's not really good and may
violate all known RFCs, but it's the only solution to my problem since
the router and subnet mask options are not yet implemented anywere but
only mentioned in some RFCs.

Either way, thank you all so much for your help and patience! :)

Best regards,

Mihai Moldovan