Using class to match iPhones, Wiis etc

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Thu May 7 21:01:28 UTC 2009

Randall C Grimshaw wrote:
> The parameter request list (used as a fingerprint) of such Apple iDevices appears to be
1-3-6-15-119-252. The Packetfence project seems to have done a good job of
classifying these fingerprints.

URL?

> But I am in the camp that finds it hard to believe that DHCP is sagging under the weight of your wireless infrastructure.

You're right, it's not. I didn't choose my words carefully enough.  It's a
limitation in an FWSM (a DHCP relay agent) that the requests pass through
that's giving us fits.  The DHCP server doesn't see the requests at times.

--
Peter Laws / N5UWY
plaws at ou.edu