Failover Pair handing out 2 different Addresses.

Randall C Grimshaw rgrimsha at syr.edu
Mon Nov 2 19:14:40 UTC 2009

2 possibilities come to mind:

The peer of older 3.x versions is not going to practice mac-address-affinity so you may see the previous active server for an expired lease provide the same ipnumber as before and the peer offer something different. This is not considered broken, just irritating and I think is fixed in the 3.1.1

You should check however that the peer status of the pair is normal because an ntp failure resulting in clock drift can disconnect the peer pair and result in independent offers.

Randy