Can you Force DDNS names to Lower Case?

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Sun Nov 15 00:41:04 UTC 2009

Excuse the top posting, I'm on a truly brain-damaged mail client. But rather than stoping named, just do rndc freeze zonename, make your edits ( including incrementing the serial number) then rndc thaw zonename. Much less disruptive and completely compatible with dynamic zones.
--
Dan McDonald, CCIE#2495, CISSP #78282

On 11/14/09 5:55 PM ,
dhcp-users-bounces at lists.isc.org wrote:

>Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:33:17 -0600
>From: Martin McCormick <martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu>
>

>	Several months ago, we had the WiFi-XXX default domain
>names in about 4 different subnet declarations. That caused bind
>to creat $origin headers in the osu.zone and those headers followed
>the case of the names in the updates. If I can figure out how to
>safely re-make those headers, that will most likely fix the
>problem.

Perhaps the easiest way to do this is to edit the zone files. For bind9
'rndc stop' flushed all the journals with dynamic updates to the
zonefile. Then edit the zone file(s) and start bind up again.

There are probably ways to do this dynamically, but they require a lot
more steps than this.

Might be worth looking through the bind9-users mail archives?

regards,
-glenn