IP Address Fields in OMAPI

Jason Frisvold frisvolj at lafayette.edu
Wed Nov 25 14:00:51 UTC 2009

On 11/25/2009 01:13 AM, Matt Causey wrote:
> perl -e 'use Socket; print inet_ntoa( pack( "N", hex( f02fc509 ) ) );
> print "\n";'
>
> Yields:
>
> 240.47.197.9

Is 144.47.197.9 the local address?

> This is not my ip address, and I don't know how else to interpret
> these fields.  This is the same way I interpret the unix time fields,
> and it works fine.  Grr.
>
> Does anyone know how to get the ip address from these fields?

Your code above should suffice.  A bit slicker than what I was using, so
I might steal it..  :)

I'm not 100% sure what these fields represent, though.  ie, I'd venture
a guess that partner-address is the address of the failover peer, but
I'm not 100% certain.  Regardless, your interpretation of the hex code
is correct.  At least, from what I've observed locally, anyway.

--
Jason Frisvold
frisvolj at lafayette.edu