Pool/Scope or subnet with PXE boot options?

Jason Gerfen jason.gerfen at scl.utah.edu
Fri Oct 9 15:28:32 UTC 2009

Do any of you currently utilize this feature in your dhcpd.conf? If so
could I perhaps get a syntax example?

The reason I am asking is because I currently maintain a project over at
sourceforge.net that allows for administrators to manage their
dhcpd.conf through a series of forms under an authenticated website
(http://phpdhcpadmin.sourceforge.net) and was recently asked to
incorporate this functionality outside of the "group" definition for
static hosts.

My assumption for a correct syntax would be something like the two
following examples for subnet declarations or for pool declarations:

subnet 192.168.15.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
     option domain-name-servers 197.168.15.2, 197.168.18.2;
     option routers 192.168.15.1;
     option ip-forwarding off;
     filename "pxelinux.0";
     next-server 192.168.15.3;
}

pool {
    option domain-name-servers 192.168.15.2, 192.168.16.2;
    option routers 192.168.15.1;
    range 192.168.15.10 192.168.15.255;
    option ip-forwarding on;
    option broadcast-address 192.168.15.0;
    option ntp-servers time.domain.com;
    default-lease-time 1800;
    min-lease-time 700;
    max-lease-time 3200;
    filename "pxelinux.0";
    next-server 192.168.15.3;
}

Any help and specifically examples are appreciated.