Failover/load-balancing with dhcp client bug on "seconds elapsed" field

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 11:12:50 UTC 2010

Daniel Duarte wrote:

>I'm thinking how to do this exactly. I believe we should remove the
>"failover peer" statement from that pool declaration, keeping the
>remaining configuration the same on both servers' files. Both
>servers would answer to all of the discovers, offering the same IP,
>regardless of seconds elapsed field.
>
>I'm I seeing this right?

Yes. Both servers will respond and offer the same address, the client
will accept one of the offers. You'll find later that one server has
this address listed as leased to the client, while the other has it
listed as free - as long as there isn't another client eligible for
that address, it won't matter.

--
Simon Hobson