DHCPRELEASE question

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Apr 16 14:13:05 UTC 2010

Hi Darren

And from the client's perspective it has released the lease. If that
client requests a new lease it will only get that IP back again. Even
though the server stores no state about the lease, the client can send a
request to renew the lease and the server will send an ack,

If you want the event and lease structure then perhaps using a reserved
lease would be a better option for you.

regards,
-glenn