use include statement in a nested block

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 18:41:35 UTC 2010

Loris Boillet wrote:

>  > But I am curious as to what you are trying to achieve.
>
>My company distributes systems on which the IP range is the only part of the
>dhcpd.conf file that needs to be configured. That's why I wish I
>could separate it
>from the rest.

I'd suggest scripting it then. Rather than let a user write arbitrary
text into a config file, have them enter the IP addresses (easier to
sanity check), and then use a simple script to replace placeholders
in a template file with the user entered addresses.

Since I'd imagine you are already getting the user to enter the
addresses through some sort of config interface, the rest should be a
faily minor change.

--
Simon Hobson