Using virtual interface with dhcpd v3.0.5

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Tue Aug 17 21:13:39 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I'm migrating a working dhcpd setup from a Solaris 9 box running v3.0p11
to a RHEL 5 box running v3.0.5.  We listen on 2 addresses (same subnet)
using a virtual interface.

This morning we copied the conf and lease files and started the server
on the new machine.  It was processing DHCPDISCOVER requests on our eth1
interface, but not on the virtual eth1:1 interface.  Both interfaces
were processing DHCPREQUESTs.

Any thoughts on what we need to do to get this working again?

Also, can I put "eth1 eth1:1" on the startup command line, or is "eth1"
sufficient?

Thanks,
Gene