Issues with next-server & filename

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 07:43:05 UTC 2010

Chris Marget wrote:

>I'm experiencing weirdness along these lines as well.  In my case,
>all of the expected options are passed correctly If I remove the
>host declaration, allowing the host to land on a random IP address.
>
>Do you see any difference by commenting out the host declaration?

Also, try removing the host declaration from the subnet and putting
it in the global scope where it belongs. In this case it shouldn't
make any difference, but when multiple subnets are involved then it
can cause some weird (and hard to diagnose) inheritance problems if
you put host statements anywhere but in the global scope. Being in a
group at the global level is OK.

Ie, try this :

subnet 10.11.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
   <options>
   range dynamic-bootp  10.11.1.95 10.11.1.96;
}

group {
   next-server 10.11.1.91;
   filename "pxelinux.0";