DHCP Redundancy

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 23:03:57 UTC 2010

From: Matt Jenkins <matt at smarterbroadband.net>

> This is for a wireless ISP network built in a remote area where most of
> the systems are on solar power. It will not be unheard of for any given
> site to lose power for days or more. I need to be able to have dhcp
> servers at each location that all share the same leases information....

I'm still struggling with a couple of concepts here ...
- Expectations on how to sync leases from multiple servers into one source
- Using the combined DHCP lease information on server(s) which not the authority
for the leases anyway

Whether you NFS, Rsync or other solutions to provide the information to all
servers, I don't know how you expect 18 discrete, authoritative servers to
coordinate changes and provide for one another, "out-of-the-box."

It sounds like a custom development and integration.

--
Bryan J  Smith             Professional, Technical Annoyance
Linked Profile:           http://www.linkedin.com/in/bjsmith